Three days ago, International Living published the winner of the best place to retire in the world. For the third consecutive year in a row, Cuenca has been named the best place to retire in the world by International Living. You can read the full story here.
Even though IL has named Cuenca the best place to retire in the world, it is not perfect. In fact, many people come here and don’t like it and they leave. Would you like to retire in Ecuador? Well, you’d have to come here and see for yourself if Ecuador is the place for you. No one can decide the ideal place for you and your family to live.
I will say this, some things you may not like about Ecuador. Be on the lookout for our next video coming up about our “likes” and “dislikes” about living in Cuenca Ecuador.
A little sneak peak about this video will talk about the weather. Now most people call the weather in Cuenca perfect, but it is not perfect for everyone. Some people truly enjoy being a bit chilly all day long, but I for one, do not like being chilly. We will talk about Internet and connectivity, shopping for furniture and appliances, and other important issues that you will want to know if you are thinking about moving/retiring here in Cuenca.
Today we bought 3 big pineapples for $1
We bought 12 tangerines for $1
And we bought a big bunch of red bananas for $1
One of our definite likes is the clean food at a great price. Health is very important to us and since living here in Cuenca and eating fresh food we have noticed improvement to our health from losing weight to having better skin tone and complexion. Stay tuned for this video on our "likes" and "dislikes" about Cuenca. Until then Hasta Lavista
- La Libertad
- Puerto Lopez
- Puerto Cayo
- San Lorenzo
- San Clemete
- Bahia de Caraquez
- Cost of Cuenca Living for Our Family of Five!
- Avoid Gringo Gouging Using Rule of 3 and 4
- Retire in Cuenca on $1600 Instead of $900...what?
- Cuenca Ecuador Has Been Discovered!
- Why Cuenca Cost of Living is Ambiguous
- Is it Cheaper to Live in Pennsylvania or Cuenca?
- Cuenca Inflation: Comment from an Ecuadorian
- Don't Move to Cuenca Just Because You Think It's Cheap
- How Much Produce Can You Buy with $26?
- Feed Family for $400 a Month
- Bargaining Is Expected In Ecuador
- Do You Have to Go Frugal in Cuenca?
- Medical Tourism: Hot Cuenca Market
- All This Food for $20 Bucks!
- Purchasing Power Parity and the Fickleness of Cheap Edens
- Buying Real Estate in Cuenca? Read This First
- Do You Want Cuenca to Turn Into a Panama?
- Why We Did Not Accept House Hunters Int. Feature Offer
- Don't Fall Victim to Way Overpriced Real Estate
- Real Estate Market up: How to Still Find Bargains
- How Not to Dress Like a Rich American
- Not All Gringos are Rich,So What's Up with Gringo Inflation?
- What Kind of Impact Do Shows Like HHI Make on Small Cities Like Cuenca?
- More Articles About Cuenca RE
- We Rent for $250
- Gringa Expat Rents 3/2 for $200!
- $300 Dollar Cuenca Rentals
- Rental Inflation - Local Cuencana Speaks Out
- Searching for a Local Priced Rental
- Talking with Ecuadorian RE Broker about Expat Relocation
- Beautiful $300 Rental Home Tour
- Can You Still Find $250 Rentals in Cuenca?
- Local Taxi Driver Says, "Don't Pay More than $300 for Rent"
- Pets and Furnished Rentals
- Local Priced Rental Home Tours
- Are You a Responsible Expatter?
- NEGOTIATE Instead of being Gringoed
- How to Get a Good Rental Deal
- Can You Still Find Local Priced Rentals in Cuenca
- How Do Ecuadorians Protect Themselves from Crime
- How I Got Pick Pocketed on the Bus
- Safe Neighborhoods in Cuenca?
- Petty Theft Crime in Ecuador
- Is It Safer to Live in Gringolandia?
- Why Homes Are Walled and Behind Iron Gates
- Avoid Being a Victim: Do's and Don't for Staying Safe
- Expat Woman Stabbed on Popular Walking Trail
- Gringos NOT Taking Ecuador Crime Seriously
- What Future Expats Need to Know Before Retiring to Ecuador
- We Answer Readers Concerns
- Travelers Should Stay Vigilant in the Quito and Guayaquil Airports
- How Not to Become a Target of Crime
- Alice Retires in Cuenca and Rents for $350
- Karina Rents Nice Apartment for $200 w/Views!
- Ecuadorian RE Broker Shares Inside Scoop to Cuenca Expat Living
- Expat Bill Shares His Experience at the Quito Airport
- Expat David Shares His Story at the Quito Airport
- Future Expat Andrea Shares Her Story with the Ecuadorian Residency Visa
- Meet Expats Jim and Kay and their First Impressions of Cuenca
- DIY Cuenca Landing Guide Video Reviews from Expats
- Shopping in Cuenca