The condos in these pictures are not just for gringos; they are for anyone who wants to pay around $400 for a furnished one bedroom and $750 for furnished three bedroom, give or take a hundred. I mean not everyone is frugal. These condos all happen to be off of the main street of Avenue Las Americas and Avenue 12 De Abril by one of the Supermaxi stores.
We walked up to Supermaxi yesterday to buy our usual Parmesan cheese and olive oil and I shot these pictures on the way up there.
Cuenca is a neat city! We love Cuenca!
As you can see by the photos, not all of Cuenca looks old like Italy; that's just downtown in the city center. Cuenca also has its newer sections.
But notice how all of the condos look the same.
I'm not sure if this building is a condo or office building, but it is probably both.
Before I end this post I want to share with you the gasoline prices here in Cuenca. If you can't read the price, click on the picture.
- La Libertad
- Puerto Lopez
- Puerto Cayo
- San Lorenzo
- San Clemete
- Bahia de Caraquez
- Cost of Cuenca Living for Our Family of Five!
- Avoid Gringo Gouging Using Rule of 3 and 4
- Retire in Cuenca on $1600 Instead of $900...what?
- Cuenca Ecuador Has Been Discovered!
- Why Cuenca Cost of Living is Ambiguous
- Is it Cheaper to Live in Pennsylvania or Cuenca?
- Cuenca Inflation: Comment from an Ecuadorian
- Don't Move to Cuenca Just Because You Think It's Cheap
- How Much Produce Can You Buy with $26?
- Feed Family for $400 a Month
- Bargaining Is Expected In Ecuador
- Do You Have to Go Frugal in Cuenca?
- Medical Tourism: Hot Cuenca Market
- All This Food for $20 Bucks!
- Purchasing Power Parity and the Fickleness of Cheap Edens
- Buying Real Estate in Cuenca? Read This First
- Do You Want Cuenca to Turn Into a Panama?
- Why We Did Not Accept House Hunters Int. Feature Offer
- Don't Fall Victim to Way Overpriced Real Estate
- Real Estate Market up: How to Still Find Bargains
- How Not to Dress Like a Rich American
- Not All Gringos are Rich,So What's Up with Gringo Inflation?
- What Kind of Impact Do Shows Like HHI Make on Small Cities Like Cuenca?
- More Articles About Cuenca RE
- We Rent for $250
- Gringa Expat Rents 3/2 for $200!
- $300 Dollar Cuenca Rentals
- Rental Inflation - Local Cuencana Speaks Out
- Searching for a Local Priced Rental
- Talking with Ecuadorian RE Broker about Expat Relocation
- Beautiful $300 Rental Home Tour
- Can You Still Find $250 Rentals in Cuenca?
- Local Taxi Driver Says, "Don't Pay More than $300 for Rent"
- Pets and Furnished Rentals
- Local Priced Rental Home Tours
- Are You a Responsible Expatter?
- NEGOTIATE Instead of being Gringoed
- How to Get a Good Rental Deal
- Can You Still Find Local Priced Rentals in Cuenca
- How Do Ecuadorians Protect Themselves from Crime
- How I Got Pick Pocketed on the Bus
- Safe Neighborhoods in Cuenca?
- Petty Theft Crime in Ecuador
- Is It Safer to Live in Gringolandia?
- Why Homes Are Walled and Behind Iron Gates
- Avoid Being a Victim: Do's and Don't for Staying Safe
- Expat Woman Stabbed on Popular Walking Trail
- Gringos NOT Taking Ecuador Crime Seriously
- What Future Expats Need to Know Before Retiring to Ecuador
- We Answer Readers Concerns
- Travelers Should Stay Vigilant in the Quito and Guayaquil Airports
- How Not to Become a Target of Crime
- Alice Retires in Cuenca and Rents for $350
- Karina Rents Nice Apartment for $200 w/Views!
- Ecuadorian RE Broker Shares Inside Scoop to Cuenca Expat Living
- Expat Bill Shares His Experience at the Quito Airport
- Expat David Shares His Story at the Quito Airport
- Future Expat Andrea Shares Her Story with the Ecuadorian Residency Visa
- Meet Expats Jim and Kay and their First Impressions of Cuenca
- DIY Cuenca Landing Guide Video Reviews from Expats
- Shopping in Cuenca