- La Libertad
- Puerto Lopez
- Puerto Cayo
- San Lorenzo
- San Clemete
- Bahia de Caraquez
- San Vicente
- Cost of Living for Family of Five!
- Avoid Gringo Gouging with Rule of 3 and 4
- Retire in Cuenca on $1600 Instead of $900...what?
- Cuenca Ecuador Has Been Discovered!
- Why Cuenca Cost of Living is Ambiguous
- Is it Cheaper to Live in Pennsylvania or Cuenca?
- Cuenca Inflation: Comment from an Ecuadorian
- Don't Move to Cuenca Just Because It's Cheap
- How Much Produce Can You Buy with $26?
- Feed Family for $400 a Month
- Bargaining Is Expected In Ecuador
- Do You Have to Go Frugal in Cuenca?
- Medical Tourism in Cuenca
- All This Food for $20 Bucks!
- Real Estate Purchasing Power and the Fickleness of Cheap Edens
- Buying Real Estate in Cuenca? Read This First
- Do You Want Cuenca to Turn Into a Panama?
- Why We Did Not Accept HHI Feature Offer
- Don't Fall Victim to Overpriced Real Estate
- Real Estate Market up: How to Still Find Bargains
- How Not to Dress Like a Rich American
- Not All Gringos are Rich!
- What Kind of Impact Do Shows Like HHI Make on Small Cities Like Cuenca?
- More Articles About Cuenca RE
- We Rent for $250
- Gringa Expat Rents 3/2 for $200!
- $300 Dollar Cuenca Rentals
- Rental Inflation - Local Cuencana Speaks Out
- Searching for a Local Priced Rental
- Talking with Ecuadorian RE Broker about Expat Relocation
- Beautiful $300 Rental Home Tour
- Can You Still Find $250 Rentals in Cuenca?
- Local Taxi Driver Says, "Don't Pay More than $300 for Rent"
- Pets and Furnished Rentals
- Local Priced Rental Home Tours
- Are You a Responsible Expatter?
- NEGOTIATE Instead of being Gringoed
- How to Get a Good Rental Deal
- Can You Still Find Local Priced Rentals in Cuenca?
- How Do Ecuadorians Protect Themselves from Crime
- How I Got Pick Pocketed on the Bus
- Safe Neighborhoods in Cuenca?
- Petty Theft Crime in Ecuador
- Is It Safer to Live in Gringolandia?
- Why Homes Are Walled and Behind Iron Gates
- Avoid Being a Victim!
- Expat Woman Stabbed on Popular Walking Trail
- Gringos NOT Taking Ecuador Crime Seriously
- What Future Expats Need to Know Before Retiring to Ecuador
- We Answer Readers Concerns
- Stay Vigilant in the Quito and Guayaquil Airports
- How Not to Become a Target of Crime
- Alice Retires in Cuenca and Rents for $350
- Karina Rents Nice Apartment for $200 w/Views!
- Ecuadorian RE Broker Shares Inside Scoop to Expat Living
- Expat Shares His Experience at the Quito Airport
- Expat David Shares His Story at the Quito Airport
- Expat Andrea Shares Her Story with the Ecuadorian Residency Visa
- Meet Expats Jim and Kay and their First Impressions of Cuenca
- DIY Cuenca Landing Guide Video Reviews from Expats
- Shopping in Cuenca
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
They Really LOVE Chicken in Cuenca Ecuador!
Out of all the fast food restaurants they could have brought here from North America, they chose KFC. Cuecanos love Kentucky Fried Chicken, baked chicken, boiled chicken and chicken grilled on the grill. Walking down the street on Avenue Las Americas there are two mom and pop restaurants, not one mile from each other, and they both cook grilled chicken on the big outdoor grill for lunch and dinner for about $3, which comes with rice, of course.
You can buy a whole chicken, hormone free for about $5 to $7. And it is the best tasting chicken we've ever eaten!!
Outdoor vendors are always cooking chicken on skewers with vegetables for $1 on the side of the street. If you haven't already figured it out, chicken is the meat of choice here in Cuenca.
They love chicken here more than beef or pork. but they also love to do the pig hanging on a skewer on the weekends. I don't have a picture of that yet.
They also get into hot dogs and sausages here with papas frittas (french fries).
And they love Cuye!! Never tried it yet! Ugh, don't think I will. Click on the picture and see if you can guess what Cuye is from the picture on the menu of this restaurant.
Did you guess? That's right it's Guinea pig. A traditional Ecuadorian food here is Guinea pig (cuye)!