It's high season on the Ecuadorian coast right now but we did not see many people on the beach or even at this hostel. we only stayed one night in Playas and the next morning headed off to Salinas. The hostel was ok but it could use some updating, especially the tiny and plain rooms. For $33 for a double per night we thought it was a bit out of line. The rooms were very small with holes in the ceiling and dirty walls. The AC was so rackety and loud we couldn't hear the TV. Before we paid we asked if they had WiFi and we were assured that we could get on the Internet. This was not the case. It was a disappointment.
The bedding was clean and they did give us clean towels. For the price though, we've stayed at much cleaner and nicer places, such as Diamond of the Sea hostel in Salinas for just $15 per person per night; that is if you stay more than a week, and they have a kitchenette too!
So why did we decide to expose the name of this hostel? A reader commented that she would like to know, and we feel it only fair to share our personal reviews and recommendations of the places we stay at and the restaurants we eat in. And, perhaps if owners see our reviews they may just make some much needed improvements.Please scroll down past the video to see all of our videos about Playas beach.
Playas Beach in Ecuador - Trashy Beach!
We're Back at the Beach and This Time in Playas - ...
Playas Ecuador by Taxi
- La Libertad
- Puerto Lopez
- Puerto Cayo
- San Lorenzo
- San Clemete
- Bahia de Caraquez
- San Vicente
- Cost of Living for Family of Five!
- Avoid Gringo Gouging with Rule of 3 and 4
- Retire in Cuenca on $1600 Instead of $900...what?
- Cuenca Ecuador Has Been Discovered!
- Why Cuenca Cost of Living is Ambiguous
- Is it Cheaper to Live in Pennsylvania or Cuenca?
- Cuenca Inflation: Comment from an Ecuadorian
- Don't Move to Cuenca Just Because It's Cheap
- How Much Produce Can You Buy with $26?
- Feed Family for $400 a Month
- Bargaining Is Expected In Ecuador
- Do You Have to Go Frugal in Cuenca?
- Medical Tourism in Cuenca
- All This Food for $20 Bucks!
- Real Estate Purchasing Power and the Fickleness of Cheap Edens
- Buying Real Estate in Cuenca? Read This First
- Do You Want Cuenca to Turn Into a Panama?
- Why We Did Not Accept HHI Feature Offer
- Don't Fall Victim to Overpriced Real Estate
- Real Estate Market up: How to Still Find Bargains
- How Not to Dress Like a Rich American
- Not All Gringos are Rich!
- What Kind of Impact Do Shows Like HHI Make on Small Cities Like Cuenca?
- More Articles About Cuenca RE
- We Rent for $250
- Gringa Expat Rents 3/2 for $200!
- $300 Dollar Cuenca Rentals
- Rental Inflation - Local Cuencana Speaks Out
- Searching for a Local Priced Rental
- Talking with Ecuadorian RE Broker about Expat Relocation
- Beautiful $300 Rental Home Tour
- Can You Still Find $250 Rentals in Cuenca?
- Local Taxi Driver Says, "Don't Pay More than $300 for Rent"
- Pets and Furnished Rentals
- Local Priced Rental Home Tours
- Are You a Responsible Expatter?
- NEGOTIATE Instead of being Gringoed
- How to Get a Good Rental Deal
- Can You Still Find Local Priced Rentals in Cuenca?
- How Do Ecuadorians Protect Themselves from Crime
- How I Got Pick Pocketed on the Bus
- Safe Neighborhoods in Cuenca?
- Petty Theft Crime in Ecuador
- Is It Safer to Live in Gringolandia?
- Why Homes Are Walled and Behind Iron Gates
- Avoid Being a Victim!
- Expat Woman Stabbed on Popular Walking Trail
- Gringos NOT Taking Ecuador Crime Seriously
- What Future Expats Need to Know Before Retiring to Ecuador
- We Answer Readers Concerns
- Stay Vigilant in the Quito and Guayaquil Airports
- How Not to Become a Target of Crime
- Alice Retires in Cuenca and Rents for $350
- Karina Rents Nice Apartment for $200 w/Views!
- Ecuadorian RE Broker Shares Inside Scoop to Expat Living
- Expat Shares His Experience at the Quito Airport
- Expat David Shares His Story at the Quito Airport
- Expat Andrea Shares Her Story with the Ecuadorian Residency Visa
- Meet Expats Jim and Kay and their First Impressions of Cuenca
- DIY Cuenca Landing Guide Video Reviews from Expats
- Shopping in Cuenca
DISCLAIMER: Persons interviewed on video or in articles displayed on any of our websites may be affiliated with content of their own on the internet. Neither DiscoverCuencaEcuador.com nor DiscoverQuitoEcuador.com, nor our writers are responsible for, and should not be deemed to endorse or recommend any website other than its own or any content available on the internet (including without limitation at any website, blogpage, information page) that is not created by DiscoverCuencaEcuador.com and DiscoverQuitoEcuador.com or its writers. The writers, similarly, cannot be responsible for third party material affiliated with people we interview and display on any of our websites.