5 Things Ecuadorians Love
1. Hollywood Movies
2. Gringos with money
4. Shoes, clothes and hair gel
5. Walking and eating ice cream
5 Things Ecuadorians Hate
1. Slow drivers
2. Standing/waiting in a line
3. Getting up early in the morning
4. Gringos that complain about "their" country
5. Telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
|Shopping at the once a year discount Coral Hypermercado Sale in Mall del Rio|
2. Enjoying and making time with family
3. Pushing their way in front of lines
4. Eating while walking
5. Slow pace of life, until they get behind the wheel of a automobile
5 Things Ecuadorians Are Not Good At
1. Giving directions
2. Driving in their own lanes
3. Stopping for pedestrians
4. Being straightforward
5. Being on time for appointments - in fact it is culturally acceptable to be late, even for business appointments.
NOTE: Please do not take this offensively; it’s not set in stone, we’re merely talking about our experiences and observations since living here for four-plus years. It certainly does not mean that ALL Ecuadorians exhibit these character traits. Stay tuned for our “5 Things Cuenca Gringos Love and Hate”.
Until we write again…
If you liked this article, we’re sure you’ll find these enjoyable too.
We're an Expat Family of Five, Living Frugal, Healthy and Happy Abroad. We live in Cuenca, Ecuador and travel the Ecuador coast whenever we get a chance. We just adventured throughout the country of Panama for five weeks! Come along and enjoy some of our experiences with us!